Uniting us all through the power of love.
PFLAG Niceville is among many PFLAG organizations across the country. They are consisting of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religions. To coexist and unite against bullying, violence, oppression, and discrimination for LGBT people and minorities alike. To provide a safe space and loving environment to promote health and happiness throughout every community.
Announcements February 8, 2020
1) PFLAG Niceville always has a support-group meeting on the Second Sunday at Six. Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 8th at 6:00pm. Please invite any of your friends who are interested! For more information: pflagniceville.com.
2) At next month’s PFLAG Niceville meeting, we will have a special 2nd-hour presentation on LGBTQ sexual health by Megan Sherod of the Okaloosa County Department of Health. You are welcome to come to the support-group meeting at 6:00, or the sexual health meeting at 7:00, or both, depending on your needs. Everyone is welcome to both meetings. For more information, email Logan: email@example.com.
3) Membership Dues: $30 Basic; $40 Household; $15 Student. Checks to PFLAG Niceville, or cash, or credit cards to Misti. Anyone can always attend any PFLAG Niceville meeting for free. But if you want to support LGBTQ people in our area (and also become a member of PFLAG National), we’d love to have you as a member!
4) There are some newly designed PFLAG Niceville Shirts! A portion of the proceeds goes to support PFLAG Niceville. Please support us by purchasing a shirt or posting the link on your social media. https://www.bonfire.com/love-is-love-63/
5) The LGBTQ Center of Bay County in Panama City has invited all LGBTQ people and allies to march with them in the Panama City Pride Parade. This is next Saturday, February 15th. Meet at 1:30pm at the Oakland Terrace School of Frankford. There is also an after party at the home of Bob and Arlene Gilmore (1406 Wilmont. Park at the abandoned bank on the corner of 15th and Wilmont Street. They are two doors down.) Bring a beverage and a snack. Hot dogs and hamburgers will be served: https://www.facebook.com/events/1072833699720666/
6) Niceville Pride Planning Meeting: Saturday, Feb. 22nd at 10:00am at Building 110, Room 328 (the film classroom) at NWFSC. We’re going to plan Niceville Pride (including the Pride Walk) and the exciting new business outreach that will turn Niceville rainbow! Any LGBTQ person or ally from any organization is welcome to join us.
7) Pride Squad is organizing a monthly social for LGBTQ people and their allies to just hang out. It’s at Harbor Docks in Destin on the first Sunday of every month from 4-6pm. The next one will be Sunday, March 1st: https://facebook.com/events/s/pride-squad-social/2690372150983321/?ti=icl
8) If you are a student at NWFSC, come to the NWFSC Gay-Straight Alliance meetings. Wednesdays from 10:00-10:45am in the Fish Bowl (next to Barnes and Noble in Building 410), starting Wednesday, January 29th: https://www.facebook.com/nwfscgsa/
9) The NWFSC Film Club will be screening and discussing the LGBTQ coming-of-age masterpiece, Moonlight, on Monday, April 13th at 6:30pm in the film classroom: https://www.facebook.com/groups/47379629579/
10) Monday, April 20th, 7:00pm in the Sprint Theater: LGBTQ Poet Richard Blanco, a Cuban-American who was raised in Florida, will be speaking at NWFSC as part of the NWFSC Reads program. It’s free and everyone is welcome to attend: https://www.nwfsc.edu/students/campus-programs/nwfreads/
11) Statistics show that merely having a GSA in your school, cuts suicide rates in half, both for LGBTQ students and heteronormative students. If your high school, middle school, or elementary school doesn’t have a Gay-Straight Alliance or hasn’t had teacher training to help faculty have a more affirming approach to LGBTQ students, talk to your principal or other administrator and ask them for these things. PFLAG Niceville has a committee of people working to bring these things to every school in the district. Equality Florida have offered to do these trainings for free. School administrators just need to hear from you that you want them.
– PFLAG’s Mission Statement is: “Our mission is to build on a foundation of loving families united with LGBTQ people and allies who support one another, and to educate ourselves and our communities to speak up as advocates until all hearts and minds respect, value, and affirm LGBTQ people.”
– PFLAG’s Priorities Statement explains how they will do this: “PFLAG is working to make sure that all people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer are not only valued by society, but take pride in and value themselves. We do this through providing peer-to-peer support, educating people on the issues that are important to the community, and advocating for inclusive policies and laws.”
– Confidentiality Statement: Confidentiality is a fundamental agreement for all who participate in PFLAG Niceville. Please don’t take pictures, record, discuss specific things that are said during this meeting, or reveal who was in attendance tonight with those outside this meeting. We don’t want any barriers for people to feel safe in being completely authentic, telling their truth, asking sincere questions, or requesting help. Please overflow with love and affirmation for everyone who was brave enough to walk in the door. Let love be your guiding principle.
We meet every second Sunday of each month at 1295 N Bayshore Dr, Valparaiso, FL 32580
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
Solution: See here for how to solve this error